Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gallbladder Attack

Pain, pain and then some more pain...

Just got back from a really good night with some friends, my mistake was that we had pizza and then some crisps while watching a movie. The reason this was a mistake is that I had my gallbladder removed in May this year, so my body doesn't tolerate fatty food very well...

Am in the flat and in pain and vomiting... all of which seem to match the gallbladder attack, so I decided to google what is common for an attack? This is what I found:
  • Moderate to severe pain under the right side of the rib cage - CHECK - 7 out of 10
  • Pain may radiate through to the back or to the right shoulder - CHECK - 6 out of 10 when sitting and 9 out of 10 when lying down.
  • Severe upper abdominal pain (biliary colic) - CHECK - 7 out of 10
  • Nausea - CHECK
  • Queasiness - CHECK
  • Vomiting - CHECK
  • Gas - CHECK
  • Burping or belching - CHECK
  • Attacks are often at night - CHECK
  • Attacks often occur after overeating - CHECK - girls night... hm
  • Pain will often but not always follow a meal with fats or grease - CHECK - Pizza and crisps, doesn't get healthier!
  • Pain may be worse with deep inhalation - CHECK - short breaths...
  • Attacks can last from 15 minutes to 15 hours
Dear God, am hoping this won't last for more than a couple of hours, the previous ones I've had have lasted 2-4 hours, have been through it 2 times before... but both times with company, tonight I am alone :( really wish I had someone here to hold my hand in the pain... Crap...

Will try and stay awake or at least upright for a few more hours since that seems to be easing the pain a little... Any good ideas on what to do in order to stay awake?

No comments: