Sunday, October 18, 2009

Count your blessings

I'm in my couch, resting, watching the big bang theory, getting some cheap laughs, and feeling totally relaxed!

It seems far too easy to get caught up with the small negatives in life and focus on all the things that don't go our way! I decided to see the other side of the coin and instead count my blessings and see where that leaves me...

So I took the time tonight after an amazing weekend with good old friends to sit down and focus on the blessings in my life... and they are truly many!!! From the obvious things like I have food on the table, a roof over my head and heating indoors! To the fact that I am extremely blessed with friends that I love and trust, and not only in one place but all over the country and basically all over the world! I have an amazing family, parents, siblings, cousins and extended family whom I love dearly. I have got sooo much in my life it feels blasphemous to complain about anything!

Sure there are things I want to change in my life and there are things that need to change... But tonight I choose to focus on the blessings in my life and lay my head down to rest with a smile on my face :)

Don't forget to count your blessings... I promise they are more than you think ;)

No comments: