Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The man in the mirror

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change"
- Michael Jacksson

Words that if you take the time to read really makes sense. Not only in the sense that they were written aiming to change the world but with regards to everything, small and big stuff! The next step is taking thought to action, I can often find myself talking about changes that I would like to make but a lot of the times the change stops before action. As if talking about it nurtures the need to feel that I am doing something... Crap!

My latest task is realizing that I need to change some things regarding how I live everyday life... No big things, but stuff like not eating chocolate and candy quite as often, to get a move on with daily exercise and to eat more greens... basically to adopt a more healthy lifestyle! How come I feel a little better after just saying that these are things I need to get done and then I still sit down in front of the TV when night comes and have a bar of candy or chocolate!? Bad... so today my resolution for today is:

I promise to only deal with a day at a time
I promise to have more action than talk in my life
I promise to take care of myself and focus on my health

So that is it, no big actions hoping to create a major change in the world today, just a simple reminder to myself to stop talking about what needs to be done and simply DO IT!

No comments: